Safety Is Our #1 Goal
Setting The Standard
Keeping You Safe is Our Commitment
iServe healthcare is dedicated to keeping you and your loved ones safe during this pandemic and beyond. Our staff follow CDC guidelines and protocols and are experienced with working with patients who may have been infected with one disease or the other. Our infection control coordinator ensure that protocols are set in place for proper utilization of personal protective equipment (PPE) during patient visits, and education of patients and families for better understanding of importance of infection protocols and proper use of the protective equipment.
To increase the capacity of effective COVID-19 infection control and survey, iServe Healthcare put in place a team that specialize in the assessment of the guidelines, protocols and updates from CDC to enable effective COVID-19 education and implantation by the staff and family members.
Safety Precaution is the Focus of Our COVID-19 Control Agenda for Patients and Caregivers
We ask the following question before visiting patient’s home:
- Have you or anyone residing in the household had international travel within the last 14 days to countries with sustained community transmission?
- Have you or anyone residing in the household experienced signs or symptoms of a respiratory infection, such as a fever, cough, and sore throat?
- In the last 14 days, have you or anyone residing in the household has any contact with someone who is under investigation for possibly having covid-19?
- Are you currently residing in a facility where cases of covid-19have been confirmed?
These questions help determine whether or not additional precaution needs to be taking before visiting patient’s home
Giving the Best Support to You and Your Loved Ones
A lot has happened in our nation since the beginning of the pandemic. We have lost a lot of lives and a lot of families have been devastated due to the increase in the cases of COVID-19 disease. Our goal here at iServe Healthcare is to give as much support as possible to help you and your loved live a better life even in the midst of the devastations. We understand the reality and difficulty of coping with distancing from your loved ones for a long period of time. This can be traumatic and unbearable. We are here to make it easier for you to be closer to your loved ones at your home. Our care team will assist with:
- Providing COVID-19 trained staff to manage signs and symptoms of COVID-19 at the comfort of your home, nursing home, assisted living or wherever the patient calls home.
- Provides full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Including mask, gloves, goggles and gowns to families and all staff member for proper prevention of the infection.
- If needed, may perform virtual visit with patients who reside at a nursing home or assisted living
- Testing our employee every 2 weeks to ensure no one is infected
Setting The Standard
Our primary goal of the iServe Healthcare team is to ensure that each patient is well cared for. Whether at a facility or home, our staff will ensure that no patient is left behind even when family member are unable to visit a patient. We are grateful to be able to provide the support and care for our patients to their finale hours to ensure that every patient is well cared for and no one is left behind.
Our COVID-19 Task Force will continue to review what change needs to be made based on the updates from CDC. Working with the best team, we will continue to lend support and care for families who are in desperate need during this pandemic, and those who just need someone to talk to due to long term distancing from family members.